Our mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the community closer together. To help advance this mission, we provide the products and services described below to you:
Provide a personalised experience for you:
Your experience on Motoscroll is unlike anyone else's: from the posts, stories, events, ads and other content that you see in News Feed or our video platform to the Pages that you follow and other features that you might use, such as Trending, Marketplace and search.
Connect you with people and organisations that you care about:
We help you find and connect with people, groups, businesses, organisations and others that matter to you across the Motoscroll that you use. We use the data that we have to make suggestions for you and others – for example, groups to join, events to attend, Pages to follow or send a message to, shows to watch and people who you may want to become friends with. Stronger ties make for better communities, and we believe that our services are most useful when people are connected to people, groups and organisations that they care about.
Empower you to express yourself and communicate about what matters to you:
There are many ways to express yourself on Motoscroll and to communicate with friends, family and others about what matters to you – for example, sharing status updates, photos, videos and stories across the Motoscroll that you use, sending messages to a friend or several people, creating events or groups, or adding content to your profile.
Help you discover content, products and services that may interest you:
We show you ads, offers and other sponsored content to help you discover content, products and services that are offered by the many businesses and organisations that use Motoscroll. Our partners pay us to show their content to you, and we design our services so that the sponsored content you see is as relevant and useful to you as everything else that you see on our Products.
Combat harmful conduct, and protect and support our community:
People will only build community on Motoscroll if they feel safe. We employ dedicated teams around the world and develop advanced technical systems to detect misuse of our Products, harmful conduct towards others and situations where we may be able to help support or protect our community. If we learn of content or conduct like this, we will take appropriate action – for example, offering help, removing content, blocking access to certain features, disabling an account or contacting law enforcement.
Enable global access to our services:
To operate our global service, we need to store and distribute content and data in our data centres and systems around the world, including outside your country of residence. This infrastructure may be operated or controlled by Motoscroll LLC.
Your Commitments to Motoscroll and our community
1. Who can use Motoscroll
When people stand behind their opinions and actions, our community is safer and more accountable. For this reason, you must:
Use the same name that you use in everyday life.
- Provide accurate information about yourself.
- Create only one account (your own) and use your timeline for personal purposes.
- Not share your password, give access to your Motoscroll account to others or transfer your account to anyone else (without our permission).
We try to make Motoscroll broadly available to everyone, but you cannot use Motoscroll if:
2. What you can share and do on Motoscroll
- You are under 13 years old (or the minimum legal age in your country to use our Products).
- You are a convicted sex offender.
- We've previously disabled your account for breaches of our Terms or Policies.
- You are prohibited from receiving our products, services or software under applicable laws.
We want people to use Motoscroll to express themselves and to share content that is important to them, but not at the expense of the safety and well-being of others or the integrity of our community. You therefore agree not to engage in the conduct described below (or to facilitate or support others in doing so):
You may not use our Products to do or share anything:
- That breaches these Terms, our Community Standards and other Terms and Policies that apply to your use of Motoscroll.
- That is unlawful, misleading, discriminatory or fraudulent.
- That infringes or breaches someone else's rights.
You may not upload viruses or malicious code, or do anything that could disable, overburden or impair the proper working or appearance of our Products.
You may not access or collect data from our Products using automated means (without our prior permission) or attempt to access data that you do not have permission to access.
We can remove content that you share in breach of these provisions and, if applicable, we may take action against your account, for the reasons described below. We may also disable your account if you repeatedly infringe other people's intellectual property rights.
To help support our community, we encourage you to report content or conduct that you believe breaches your rights (including intellectual property rights) or our terms and policies.
3. The permissions you give us
We need certain permissions from you to provide our services:
4. Limits on using our intellectual property
- Permission to use content that you create and share: You own the content that you create and share on Motoscroll and the other Motoscroll Products you use, and nothing in these Terms takes away the rights that you have to your own content. You are free to share your content with anyone else, wherever you want. To provide our services, however, we need you to give us some legal permissions to use this content.
- Specifically, when you share, post or upload content that is covered by intellectual property rights (e.g. photos or videos) on or in connection with our Products, you grant us a non-exclusive, transferable, sub-licensable, royalty-free and worldwide licence to host, use, distribute, modify, run, copy, publicly perform or display, translate and create derivative works of your content (consistent with your privacy and application settings). This means, for example, that if you share a photo on Motoscroll, you give us permission to store, copy and share it with others (again, consistent with your settings) such as service providers that support our service or other Motoscroll Products that you use.
- You can end this licence at any time by deleting your content or account. You should know that, for technical reasons, any content that you delete may persist for a limited period of time in backup copies (though it will not be visible to other users). In addition, content that you delete may continue to appear if you have shared it with others and they have not deleted it.
- Permission to use your name, profile picture and information about your actions with ads and sponsored content: You give us permission to use your name and profile picture and information about actions that you have taken on Motoscroll next to or in connection with ads, offers and other sponsored content that we display across our Products, without any compensation to you. For example, we may show your friends that you are interested in an advertised event or have liked a Page created by a brand that has paid us to display its ads on Motoscroll. Ads like this can be seen only by people who have your permission to see the actions that you've taken on Motoscroll. You can learn more about your ad settings and preferences.
- Permission to update software that you use or download: If you download or use our software, you give us permission to download and install upgrades, updates and additional features to improve, enhance and further develop it.
If you use content covered by intellectual property rights that we have and make available in our Products (for example, images, designs, videos or sounds that we provide, which you add to content that you create or share on Motoscroll), we retain all rights to that content (but not yours). You can only use our copyrights or trademarks (or any similar marks) as expressly permitted by our Brand Usage Guidelines or with our prior written permission. You must obtain our written permission (or permission under an open source licence) to modify, create derivative works of, decompile or otherwise attempt to extract source code from us.